Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Products in multiple categories don''t appear
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

awenzel
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  10:51:24  Show Profile  Visit awenzel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have started adding products into multiple categories. However, when I add a product to a second category, suddenly it no longer appears in the first category in the admin (it appears properly in both categories in the store.) What I mean, is when I select a category as my filter in the admin Products page, the SQL that's generated is "SELECT * from products Where ccategory=47", which clearly won't select products that are in multiple categories. When I put a product in multiple categories, the "ccategory" field for that product is set to the maximum category ID of all the categories that the product is in. That means that in the admin, that product will only show up in that one category.

An example is that I put a single item in the "toys" and "sale items" categories, yet in the admin, it only appears under "sale items" and no longer under "toys".

Does anyone know if the VPASP admin is supposed to work this way?

This also affects coupons, where if you set the "couponcategories" field on the coupon, that coupon only applies to the specified categories. The same issue listed above is causing the coupon to not be applied to all products in a listed category. In my example, even though the "toys" category is valid for the coupon, products that are in both "toys" and "sale items" are not getting the coupon.

I'm using VP-ASP 5.50.

Thanks.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 17 2006 :  00:32:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If you wish to have a coupon associated with a particluar category and product range you need to ensure the ccategory field in the product record has the same category id as the coupon.

It has been improved in version 6 as compared to how it works in version 5.50 and earlier and will be even more useable in the next major release of VP-ASP.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASp Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00