Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Combining Search Queries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonno
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - September 12 2006 :  07:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to create a search 'header' which I could incorporate into every page on my site.

I want the search to feature 3 dropdown boxes which would allow the user to select firstly from 'categories' then 'manufaturer' and then price range.

This seems to be a common method of searching on many shopping sites but I'm struggling to implement this with VPASP

I'm running V6.09 on a SQL Server database

Any ideas??

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 12 2006 :  09:16:37  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you looking to search within results (narrowing results) or 3 independant searches?

2nd option is the easier.

Categories - VPASP has a canned routine already. Just drop this in a table cell <%navigateshowallcategories%>

Manufacturer - Feel free to clean up this code as you see fit. There's probably a couple ways to do this too.

<form action="shopquery.asp" method="POST" name="mfg" id="mfg">
<input name="mfg" type="text" class="searchfield">
<input name="b3" type="image" alt="Manufacturer" src="images/go-1.gif">
</form>

Price Range - I think VPASP has a sort feature that can be turned on and has price as one of the items. I haven't tried that yet, but I'm sure someone else can help with that.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jonno
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - September 12 2006 :  14:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric, I am actually looking to narrow down the results. For example, the user would select from up to 3 search criteria and then click a 'go' button and the drilled down results would be displayed.

I know this can be achieved on using the 'shopsearch.asp' page but I want to keep my users on product pages - I think the 'shopsearch' can be confusing

An example of what I want to achieve can be seen on this site: http://www.trade-appliances.co.uk

Jonno
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - January 21 2007 :  19:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Jonno,

Did you find a solution to this, I also want to be able to search by manufacturer. I already have a field in place for price (asc desc) and product name( a - z )

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00