Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Show supplier name in product detail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - September 11 2006 :  17:26:06  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every time i add a product i fill in the supplier name drop down box. I have never needed to before but my latest site i want to show the supplier\manufacturer can i just select an option somewhere that will display them next to the product code or something???

Cheers,

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 11 2006 :  17:29:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'd need to create a separate template-field for that, which'll grab the product's supplierid and then find the corresponding supplier name.

if you've got our "byz033" (extra template field) addon, then you can use example4 of that as your base as it does the same thing except for category name instead of supplier name.

if you don't have that, here's a link for it:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=42

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 11 2006 :  18:08:57  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We used the BYZ template feature for that, and it works great. I also wrapped it with <a> tag using the shopquery.asp?supplierid=xxx so that the site visitor can just click on that supplier name for a quick search of everything in the store by that supplier.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00