Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Password 2 on admin page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ibaker
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 06 2006 :  02:41:31  Show Profile  Visit ibaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All
I have changed the admin login page to show a 2nd password but everytime I log in it pops up with a change password for.... box which I have to simply click Cancel to get in - it's really annoying .

Any suggestions on why or what I can do about it

regards
Ian

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  06:24:13  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it a VPASP thing ive not seen anything like this before. Do you know if it is the internet explorer password manager. If so you need to set it to not remember or suggest passwords for the site.

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  07:59:01  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
c'mon ibaker, give us your admin URL. We won't try to hack it

Just kidding.

I agree with the previous post. Try other browsers to determine if it is the cart code or the browser.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  09:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the issue is the browser, because they only ever expect to associate 1 password with 1 username.
Go to Top of Page

ibaker
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  14:30:21  Show Profile  Visit ibaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, you are right, it is only Firefox and it actually lets you change one of the passwords - BIG SECURITY PROBLEM so I will let vpasp know

Thanks all!!!

regards
Ian
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  18:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It dont change password. This a Firefox feature. Annoying but not security problem cos it dont let you in.

Did you test before posting?

S.
Go to Top of Page

ibaker
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 07 2006 :  20:27:43  Show Profile  Visit ibaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Scooter - my fault as no I didn't test (trying to do 100 things at the moment). It seems that it only changes the password memory in firefox and not the actual login - Phew, I got worried there for a minute.

Thanks again

regards
Ian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00