Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Content Management File Creator/Enhancements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 30 2006 :  23:57:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=125

This handy addon has 2 main uses:

1) Creating content files
A new link will appear on your edit-content admin page which you can press to create a physical file which shows that content record/information.
The link will appear beside one of your "other" fields (it defaults to using the "other1" field, but you can change that via config options). You type the name of the file that you want to use for that content record into the field, and then press the link.
We uploaded this to one of our clients' sites and they're now happily pressing the create-file link all over the place and thereby creating loads and loads of search-engine friendly content pages with total ease.

2) Calling your contents within existing pages/panels
If you want to show a given content record inside an existing page/panel, then this will allow you to do so. You simply call the new function with the "type" as your argument, and it'll show the content record. There are various functions for this; one will show the entire record/format within your panel, and the other will just show the content's body (and there's another one for the title-only too).

Important Notes: This does not support the "translate" (languages) facility, and has only been proved on VP-ASP V6.x

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=125

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on August 30 2006 23:57:52

neatstuff
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - August 31 2006 :  18:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was the client Simon was talking about. I have been very pleased with all Simon's addons from BigYellowZone. Since I am a computer novice, I needed help creating links easily to different areas of my new Web Site. This will definitley help all who purchase it. It is worth the money.
I would not hesitate to recommend BigYellowZone. Either their customization service or their software.

Cliff Meyer

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00