Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Getting Started
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KaliKid
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - August 30 2006 :  17:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have recently setup a website and am in urgent need of an internet shopping cart. What makes this situation unique is that I have an outside company that will be handling the processing of the orders: physically mailing our product, compiling data on the persons ordering, etc.

This company has supplied me with XML code that needs to be integrated with my shopping cart to provide them with the information they need on orders taken on my website.

My question is where do I start?

Below is a little bit of the XML code the people handling the processing need:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> - <order id=""> (str, 10) - <billto id=""> (str, 50) <name first="" last="" /> (str, 50), (str, 50) <org company="" department="" title="" /> (str, 50), (str, 50), (str, 50) <address line1="" line2="" line3="" /> (str, 50), (str, 50), (str, 50) <locale city="" state="" zipcode="" country="" /> (str, 50), (str, 50), (str, 50), (str, 50), <other phone="" fax="" email="" /> (str, 50), (str, 50), (str, 50) </billto>

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - August 31 2006 :  22:05:47  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your XML field request will have to match the vpasp order table.
To Start
Try a couple of orders
Then go to admin and export your orders via .csv file to /export
Download the file and open it (get external data) with Excell
Then forward to the guys who wrote the XML and have it match the fields they want.

Your server should have the XML DLL's set up for you in hidden read write folders. You will probably have to ask for permissions with most hosts.
You will also probably have to have an xml_orders_config.asp file that hooks up the feature.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00