Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 6.09 upgrade extended description gone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - August 29 2006 :  11:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used WinMerge to compare files, as I have several of the BYZ add-ons.

Everything went fine in the upgrade from 6.08 to 6.09, however now the extended description is missing (long lists of music titles) on the extended description page, as is the BYZ image (on the extended description page).

Anyone have any idea which file I need to look at? I am not using templates, as this site is using SQL 2005, but the extended description page is a template.

Edited by - rvaga on August 29 2006 11:53:14

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 29 2006 :  14:29:27  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks like the dreaded sqlserver2005 bug where the recordset is too long. my guess is that things like your cross-selling prices are also showing zero values. Your data is probably still there, but the cursors blank them out on that sql bug when processing them. Be very very careful updating products because it might then actually blank them out on the database.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - August 29 2006 :  23:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

Fortunately, it was not an SQL2005 issue, at least not this time.

I replaced the shopexd.asp 6.09 with my saved 6.08, and everything started working again.

I looked at the differences, have no idea why the modifications caused the problem. At any rate, I'm just glad I saved the 6.08 files before doing the update!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00