Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 customer pricing & templates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CierraRod
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - August 25 2006 :  10:53:44  Show Profile  Visit CierraRod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I need to ask this as I've looked through the documentation here, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

If your using customer based pricing, is it necessary to alter the template to reflect that pricing?

In the product template, it has a line of code that is:
[customerprice cprice]

With the standard template, no matter what I set my customer type to, it will only display the cprice field.

I played with it some, and if I replaced cprice with one of the other fields I've assigned to the customer pricing, then it will display that field.

My question is I guess, is if I'm using say 5-10 fields for customer based pricing, is it necessary to alter the template to reflect those prices to specific customer? Or is there someother way to make them see the right prices?

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - August 30 2006 :  22:15:21  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is always an interesting customization. Below works for 2 extra prices.
Update the file tmp_productformat.htm and temp_product.htm so the cprice is prefaced by FORMATCUSTOMERPRICE instead of FORMATCURRENCY and any other template you need.
Any more exciting and the virtual help desk will dive in.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00