Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Mac usage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sahdoff3030
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 21 2006 :  12:52:45  Show Profile  Visit sahdoff3030's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does VPASP work on Macintosh?

Thanks,
Josh

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 21 2006 :  15:55:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Josh,

You certainly can do your development and design on a Mac without any problems. Our internal designers here work on Macs.

To run the program you will need to upload the files to a Windows Server though to see your changes.

I am not sure but you may also be able to run it locally if you have a Windows emulator with XP Pro. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has done this?

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

buzby49
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - August 23 2006 :  19:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found an exception for the Mac. The view/edit content area doesn't seem to work properly. I've tried it in Safari, Explorer and Firefox, and it won't let me edit the content. Works just fine on the PC though.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 23 2006 :  20:01:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You are correct. The HTML Editor does not actually work on a MAC.

I am not sure that any HTML Editor works with MAC's? Would be good to know if this was not the case.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

buzby49
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - August 24 2006 :  09:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a service called Impact Engine for desigining flash presentations. It uses server based html editing like yours, but it works great with Safari, but only Safari. And if I'm working on my PC, then Explorer does the trick.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 25 2006 :  02:27:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that. I will have a look.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00