Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 unknown lang solution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

borgmon
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - August 12 2006 :  10:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I have been having issues with the dreaded "unknown lang" showing up all over the place, as my application was getting unloaded VERY frequently (which, by the way I proved by putting some code in my global.asa file to email me in the Application_OnStart. Should have been in the OnEnd portion now that I think of it)

Anyway, I seem to have solved my issue by adding the following code at the top of my shop$db.asp file

If InStr(1,getlang("LangCustFirstname"),"unknown",1) <> 0 Then
ShopInit
End If

Just checks quickly to see if a language variable is set, and if not runs the ShopInit. Not terribly efficient as it runs the ShopInit frequently, but it keeps my site running smoothly.

I have just done this so while I don't think there are any adverse effects, you should probably test on your own site.

Hope this helps someone

I'd tell you the meaning of life, but the computers are down today....

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - August 12 2006 :  15:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Borgmon,

Thanks for the above. I have diligentely added everything that comes along to keep the dreaded "unknownlanguage" from appearing. Overall, things are much better in that what used to be an issue a couple of times per day, has now decreased to the point that the "unknownlanguage" appears once every two or three days.

Is there any downside for your code to cause ShopInit to occur more frequently? Could this cause a customer to lose cart contents (or perhaps cart contents would be lost anyway as the unknownlanguage appears)? I guess I'm not sure what you meant or what the consequences might be when you stated "Not terribly efficient as it runs the ShopInit frequently."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00