Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Add/View/Edit Product Categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ngnewlight
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  17:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have had a VPASP site up and running for a good few months now, and just last night something weird happened.

When you add a new product (or edit an existing one) there is a select box about halfway down the process where you choose the category that the product resides in.

USUALLY this select box displays all of the categories in the format of:

Top category---SubCategory---SubSubCategory(id)

with any number of subcategories in there as required.

However last night for some reason this changed, and now it displays about 6 out of 100+ categories correctly and the rest of them are only shown as the last level subcategory name, which makes it impossible to determine where a new product should be added as different top level categories can have a subcategory of the same name as another.

So, my question is: why now? what are the potential causes of this that I can investigate?

All of the categories are still in the system, and the pages on the public side of things still work fine, so I have ruled out something happening in the database that wiped the associations of the higher category id's, but having said that, something is still causing the select box to display incorrectly.

Thanks in advance folks!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  23:32:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi ngnewlight,

Can you please post your issue in the helpdesk at: https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk?

This will allow you to provide us with sensitive information privately such as FTP and administration details over SSL.

Thank you.

Regards,
Joseph

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00