Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Canada Post Shipping ? Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ape2Zebra
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - July 28 2006 :  14:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there - I'm a newbie.
I just started configuring my site (shipping in particular) and is concerned about something I read in the Canada Post readme file

"Issues
CanadaPost Requires height, width and length.
These are simply defaulted."

When I bought the software it was advertised that there is real-time integration to Canada Post for shipping. Now it seems that there are some issues with this. Am I correct when I say that I will over (or even worse) under charge my customers shipping since the values send to the Canada Post interface are defaulted?

How realistic are the defaulted values? Are these values specified in inches? Are they representing the total volume of the order or are they per item values?

Please help.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 08 2006 :  00:05:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ape2Zebra,

You can change the default size in the canadapostxml.asp file, however, you can change this with a fairly simple modification.

Please open canadapostxml.asp and locate lines 153-155:
height=defaultheight
width=defaultwidth
length=defaultlength

Change it to:
dim proddimensions, arrdimension(10), dimensioncount
proddimensions = rs("pother5")
parserecord proddimensions,arrdimension,dimensioncount,"x"
If proddimensions = "" Then
width=defaultwidth
length=defaultlength
height=defaultheight
Else
width=dimensions(0)
length=dimensions(1)
height=dimensions(2)
End If

So in the "Other 5" field, you would enter the dimensions in the format of WxLxH. If that field is already being utilised, you can use the other fields, and simply change the "proddimensions = rs("pother5")" line. As you can see, if no value is entered in that field, it will use the default set at the top of the canadapostxml.asp file.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please post it in our helpdesk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thank you.

Regards,
Joseph

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Dubbya
Starting Member

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - August 23 2006 :  13:39:57  Show Profile  Visit Dubbya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ape2Zebra, I bought the option pack for the Canada Post lookup and Canadian taxes.

In case you don't already know, you'll need to contact Canada Post and set up a Merchant account for access to their xml API or you won't be able to use the scripts.

Getting this running is tough, so if you don't really need it, you're much better off charging a flat rate or to calculate shipping by weight.

This is bells and whistles stuff and it'll take a good deal of time to get the account set up.

BTW, did you get the taxes addon and did you get it calculating properly?

Always remember that wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00