Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 store overflow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darkerion
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - June 13 2006 :  21:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope someone can help me. I am running yourvirtualstore 4.0 and tonight am shut-down after 5 years because i hit order # 32768. Apparently the store cannot process orders higher than 32767 as the following error occurs:

MMicrosoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'cint'

/yourvirtualstore/shopa_formatorder.asp, line 35

Cint limitation causes this error. The range of numbers that cINT can convert is between -32,768 to 32,767. Use INT() if possible

Can anyone please advise as to a fix?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 14 2006 :  05:47:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; just replace all instances of "CInt" with "CLng"

("CInt" is a relatively short real number, whereas "CLng" is a long-integer, like a reference number)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on June 14 2006 05:48:03
Go to Top of Page

darkerion
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - June 14 2006 :  09:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. And shoould i do that anywhere else in the code (other asp pages) where i find cint to alleviate other potential issues?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 14 2006 :  15:49:07  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes; you should make that change everywhere; it won't have any adverse effects. don't do an automatic search/replace though, because there might be some real/other words/variables which start with the string "cint".

To search through all asp files, *do not use windows text search* as it's very very bad and doesn't hit the right files/places.

I use "Agent Ransack" - a free 3rd party text search tool; once you start you'll wonder how you ever managed without it:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000