Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Stock level
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radioman
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - June 09 2006 :  08:14:44  Show Profile  Visit Radioman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I like the way that VPASP can monitor stock levels and alert me when we're running low on items.

However, I don't want my customers to see the levels. I just want them to see a stock position statement, such as: In stock, Special order, Coming soon, Discontinued, On order, Due in XX days etc.

This would be a nice enhancement and should work alongside the existing stock system - it doesn't change levels.

Perhaps someone knows (or has undertaken) this kind of mod already?

Thanks

hk777
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - June 09 2006 :  20:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When using templates, this can be accomplished by selecting an unused field in the products table such as pother5. Use this to put your stock information message.

Then in the appropriate template:
tmp_product.htm for extended description
tmp_productformat.htm for normal product displays add the line

Product status <b>[pother5]</b>
It will appear to the customer as

Product status: Coming Soon

Using other standard VP-ASP stock control options, you can also prevent products from being purchased if you choose.

Go to Top of Page

Radioman
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - June 13 2006 :  03:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Radioman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply.

I understand this method. I was really looking for a solution that allowed me to have a drop-down list of 'stock status' types, rather than a 'free text' field.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00