Posted - June 18 2006 : 19:04:07
To create a new content page and link it up to your front page complete the following steps:
1. Log into your shop administration pages and go to Occasional Tasks > Content > Add Content
2. In the type field give your new content page a name (eg. newcontent)
3. In the Content Header field you can give your content page a title
4. In the Content Body field you can enter the bulk of the information to be displayed on this content page.
5. The remaining fields on that page are optional, so once you have named the page and given it a heading and a body, you can click "Add a Record"
6. You will need to manually add the link to your new content page in shoppage_trailer.htm if you want the link to appear underneath the "Information" section.
7. Open up shoppage_trailer in any text or html editor.
8. Between lines 79 and 90 of the default shoppage_trailer.htm file, you will see rows of links to content pages. You can simply add another row to these to add your link.
<td class=leftmenumain><a href="shopcontent.asp?type=newcontent">NEW CONTENT</a></td>
9. You need to ensure your new link points to shopcontent.asp with the type exactly the same as the name you put in the "type" field in the admin.
10. The code as shown above will create a new entry under the Information section which displays the words "NEW CONTENT" and links to the newcontent content page.
These instructions should be able to be replicated elsewhere if you wish to place your link to the content page somewhere else within your site.
For more information, please see: