Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 installing patches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andreshm
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  10:52:56  Show Profile  Visit andreshm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm running into a problem every time I need to install a patch. I need to check every file you include in the patch line by line to see what changed. I've done some customizations; mayor and small changes to a lot of files that is really hard for me to just overwrite with the new files and just see what I screwed up and fix it again.

Question: is there any way that you can release a document - along with the files that states what chaged in what file, in what line # (approx), and the lines around so we can easily locate it, so people like me can go and upgrade the cart using that document, easily, and faster instead of comparing files for hours.
That, my friends, would be highly appreciated.

The second question isabout lastest patch ( vpasp600_securitypatch.zip) . I have not installed yet vpasp_608_paid.zip . Do i need to install it, or is alreadyu included in the latest patch?

Thanks,
Andres

Edited by - andreshm on May 24 2006 10:53:43

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  17:51:15  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Andres,

Thank you for your feedback about our patches.

We realise that a lot of people have customized their code - for these customers, we recommend a program such as Winmerge (http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/) that allows you to compare two versions of a file and move changes across as needed.

Some of the code changes in the patches are quite large and would be difficult to document.

Using Winmerge makes comparing the files easy and you can see which changes we have made and move them across into your custom files.

If you downloaded vpasp_608_paid.zip prior to the 24th of May, you will need to download the vpasp600_securitypatch.zip file (from http://www.vpasp.com/sales/securitypatches.asp).

If you downloaded the vpasp_608_paid.zip after the 24th of May, it includes the patches already.

Kind regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00