Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Links
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  19:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

I made a page FAQ it has a list of questions at the top of the page.
I again list the questios below with the answers, how can I link the questions at the top the page to the same question below.

Thanks for any help

Constantine
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  21:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You can do this with the use of HTML anchors <a>

Your links or questions will be in the format of:
<a href="#question1">Question 1</a>

And then the actual section it corresponds to will look something like

<h2 id="question1">Question 1 heading</h2>
Question 1 text .............

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  23:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Constantine
Thanks for the answer. I'm not to sure where to add this code, I'm adding FAQ information in the edit content page section and I know there is a hyperlink button that can be used but I don't know how to use it in this situation.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  14:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Angus,

Just so that you can get a better understanding of what it is that you are actually doing in the HTML editor in VPASP, it might be a good idea to check out http://www.w3schools.com/html/ and look up the info on links - particularly links within a page that use the anchor command.

As for the editor in VPASP you first have to create the anchor, or as the editor refers to it - the bookmark, and then create the link. The anchor (bookmark) is really just a way to name a particular spot on your page so that you can later tell the link where to take you. You do this by highlighting a word or something on your page where you want to jump to and then clicking the bookmark icon. This will create your anchor. Now go back up your page to where you want to create the link to click on. Highlight the word(s)/image or whatever and click the link icon. Click the radio button beside Bookmark and then in the drop down list beside it click on the arrow and you will see all the anchors (bookmarks) on this page. Just click the appropriate one, press the OK button and your link should now be ready to work. Save the page you are working on and go try it.

HTH
Go to Top of Page

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  13:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Doug

I did what you said and it worked perfect. I'm a hands on type of guy and you explain it so I can follow the steps, the little grey cells logged it in and now I'm set.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00