Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 shopmail.asp port #
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microwil
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  02:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The db_test shows the mail is working, but it wasn't. I have installed Mailenable email but no MSSMTP, Port set as standard #25. Don't know why but it works with VPASP 6.0 and can generate order confirmation until recent. I have updated to 6.07... and found that on shopmail.asp of 6.06/6.07/6.08, line #289 was set as Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2, but check on 6.0, it was set as Const cdoSendUsingPort = 25! Which one is correct? I have now installed MSSMTP and set it's port as 26, then change Const cdoSendUsingPort = 26, still not working. Really need some help on this. Thanks.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  21:31:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Mailing issues can be troublesome to diagnose, as they are so heavily reliant on your server setup.

If you can please post a ticket in our helpdesk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk we will be more than happy to help you debug this.

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

microwil
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  02:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right, I shall post a help in support very soon.
Can you tell me how far the "Test Mail" in diag_dbtest.asp go? Knowing that should help me on fixing this issue. I changed the xemailsystem to something non-sense and the test is still say TEST OK. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

microwil
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  13:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found the solution. Don't know why and when it happened, but changed the xemailsystem to "localhost" instead of your mail.yourdomain.com solved the problem. cdoSendUsingPort set as 2 in shopmail.asp is okay, but added a line #298 flds.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25 (my case is 26). Mailenable does not support cdosys, so I have to install MSSMTP can make them run together but w. diff ports.

My setup details:
w2k3 server
Mailenable PRO + VPASP (ver. 6.07)
router forward port: 25, 26, 110 to server
installed MSSMTP on server, All unassigned to port: 26,
Inbound Access: Anonymous access, Connection: All (will chg to 127.0.0.1 later), Relay: 127.0.0.1 only,
Outbound Access: Anonymous access, Connection: port 25
nothing logged or badmailed in MSSMTP so far
diag_db_test: Test Mail: PASS

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00