Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Product Features Different in 6.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  09:30:27  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded from 5.0.

Now, there does not seem to be that list of features for each product as before.

YOu could list the features in the order you wanted them to appear, now you just seem to have to select the features and live with the order they were created.

I want the features for selection to appear in a certain order. Is that no longer possible?

-BAdkins

hk777
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  15:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The order of features is stored in the features field of the product record.

The field can only be edited with the advanced editor in 6.x. Switch to advanced editor when editing a product record, and put the feature numbers in the features field as a list in the form:

(Numbers are for example only)

So feature number 3 will dispaly first and number 9 will display last.

Howard Kadetz

Go to Top of Page

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  21:50:57  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
6.0 has a bug. Believe me it does.

I don't use the "long" description. I use the short description. It has to do with how it is displayed... that's just the way I use the cart.

So, I have a very long "short" description. 6.0 does not like this. It re-orders the features - and if I go to the advanced edit, it freaks out with the long short description.

It is possible this is because when I first got VPASP, one of you wonderful support people wrote a script for me to make one of my fields longer. I bet it was the "short" description. Now 6.0 does not deal with it.

What do you think?

-Barry

quote:
Originally posted by hk777

The order of features is stored in the features field of the product record.

The field can only be edited with the advanced editor in 6.x. Switch to advanced editor when editing a product record, and put the feature numbers in the features field as a list in the form:

(Numbers are for example only)

So feature number 3 will dispaly first and number 9 will display last.

Howard Kadetz

Go to Top of Page

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  22:13:34  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See, normal product edit orders the features alphabetically, and it seems to not include them all.

Advanced edit can't deal with the larger "short" description "cdescription" field.

On the other hand I can go back to my VPASP 5.0 Admin page, edit the product and see both feature edits at the same time, and it handles it all perfectly well. I just need to make sure I never edit products with the VPASP Admin for now.

Although I do love the new look of the Admin pages!

-Barry
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  22:24:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Barry,

You may need to submit this into our help desk so our support team can look into this directly for you.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00