Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Uploading content for digital delivery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nosamttam
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  15:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

How does one upload digital content? I have a folder with 400G of images that I am selling and need to know how to get the files into the system.

any clues?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  22:36:36  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You have 2 ways of doing it when you have large amounts of data to upload.

You can either use FTP which becoaes painful when uploading more than say 100mb's of data or you could simply courier your hdd that holds the data to your web host yp copy across in the data center itself.

The second option os by far the easiest and even if they charge an amount for doing this the time saved would surely counter this.

Thanks,
cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nosamttam
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  00:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh, you missed my point - I can do #2 which is the only way in heaven that makes sense.

The question is how can I get VP ASP to scan the files in the folders and add them as Products. Get it?

Your answer was thoughtful though, thanks!

Matt Mason
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  00:14:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have the data in csv format you can do bulk imports into the system.

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=65&cat=Importing+Data

For another customer who developed an image bank we worked together to migrate over 600,000 products into VP-ASP using a custom conversion tool that allowed the data from multiple suppliers to be converted into the correct format and to be bulk uploaded directly into the SQL database bypassing VP-ASP so we could upload 100,000 products at a time.

If this is sort of what you are after please feel free to send us an email to http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp and we would be happy to go into this in more detail.

Alternatively one of our development partners may also have a solution that may fit your needs.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nosamttam
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  00:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's cool - I can probably dump out the data for the files into a CSV - but what are the specifications for the fields it is looking to find?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  00:53:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you open the products table and have a read of the help note listed above it will detail how you need to have it set up.

The basic fields you need to cover are:

cname
cdescription
cprice
ccategory
subcategoryid - if you have sub categories. If your product is to be in multiple sub categories use level3 field so you can spearate the fields with a comma.

Hope this helps,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00