Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Restore Cart ignores stock level
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  05:13:46  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If a customer saves a cart containing a product that is subsequently sold, he/she can restore the cart even though the stock level is zero.
This should be fixed.
Thanks,
Dan Dotson

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  05:17:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dan,

The restore order functionality is actually going to retired as we have never been able to get a generic version that is useful for everyone.

Nobody seems to want it to work the same and so while we have included it in 6.00 it will not be appearing as part of the default package in the next release.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  05:28:29  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will think about it a while but it seems to be a useful function that I may choose to keep on my system anyway. The default save period of 365 days is excessive but I see how to change that.
Are there other problems with its functionality that I have not yet seen?
Thanks again.
Dan
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  05:33:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We personally are not too fond of the restore order functionality as it has always been a bit of headache.

For example the prices of the restored items have never been set as to whether it should be the price they purchased at or the current price of the product. The customer who requested this be built initially wanted the old prices but then people have requested the new for example. Hence why we have decided to put it aside.

One of our partners has or is still developing an RMA system that may deal with this in a more comprehensive fashion though. We will keep you posted on how this module goes as it may be a more robust solution.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  05:45:28  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The current price seems appropriate to me, which would also permit a check on stock level.
I will watch for information on the new RMA routine.
Thanks,
Dan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00