Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Formatting customer data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - April 17 2006 :  07:06:54  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps this is a matter of style again, but it seems to me that VPASP should format/correct customer data when possible. Specifically, it should:
1. convert customer names, company names and addresses to Capitalized form
eg. john doe should be John Doe and 123 OAK STREET should be 123 Oak Street

2. Postal/zip codes and state should be uppercase

3. Dummy data, like 'none' or 'N/A' for address line2, state and company should be deleted

I make such changes manually as a matter of course but it seems automation could handle many of them.
Comments?
Thanks,
Dan Dotson

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 18 2006 :  18:38:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your thoughts.

VP-ASP is a generic solution as everyone has different needs. But, on the plus side if there is something you would like it to do that is specific for your business you can often achieve this through customisation as VP-ASP is an open source solution.

This means you can potentially configure it to be a perfect fit for your business!

Hope this helps,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - April 21 2006 :  08:28:04  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While I agree VPASP is great for the reasons you stated, I thought the data formatting problems I described were universal requirements that should be incorporated into future releases. I have already made the appropriate changes in my scripts.
I have also:
1. added a more rigorous test of email address, which currently only requires an @ character.
2. added the conversion from Country code to full country name to the order display scripts. (I can't remember all the codes myself)
These are not mandatory changes but they save me time, which is my most valuable resource.
Thank you.
Dan
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 22 2006 :  02:05:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dan,

We will add it to the list of changes to consider for the next release.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - November 21 2006 :  21:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support
We will add it to the list of changes to consider for the next release.

This is something that I would also consider valuable.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  22:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone got this worked out?

If someone has the code to correct formatting of the customer entered data as it is recorded to the database, I'd love to see it :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00