Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 front page random display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nwright77
VP-CART New User

Luxembourg
89 Posts

Posted - April 15 2006 :  10:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I am probably going to sound thick here but here goes. I have put a numerical values into the xfrontpagevalue. I have then assigned this numerical value to the products I only want displayed on the front page, to which they show.

however, I have noticed that, even though they are different products, the breadcrumb points to only one product.

E.g. I have products a, b, c, x, y, z on the front page. On the breadcrumb when I click on any of the products, I get Categories >> x on all six.

surely i must be doing something wrong. I have placed numerous numericals values into the xfrontpagevalue but I have found this removes them completely so this is obviously just for one value.

if anyone can shed some light on this I would very much appreciate it. If push comes to shove I will just have to remove the breadcrumb altogether.

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  23:05:00  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have a post similar to this? on the next page and they answered this:
Hi Randy,

To achieve this sort of functionality, please try the following

in your xfrontpagerandomfield configuration value add an usused product field like pother2

in your xfrontpagerandomvalue configuration option add something like the word "display"

Now for all the product you will like to include in the random function add the word "display" into the pother2 field of the product record.

The front page is formatted using the tmp_frontpage.htm file. The functionality of the Random feature, are handled in your shoprandomproducts.asp file.

Thanks

Dean

It worked pretty good, there are 5 pothers, and you can add more so dive in

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 21 2006 :  03:32:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on the same topic, if you want to display different chunks of products on different pages/panels, you could try our "product showcase" addon, which also has a top-sellers function. It lets you specify whatever query/template you want for different calls, and has loads of other useful bits and piecs, so you can use it multiple times with different formats/arguments etc:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

also, if you want to add more "pother" columns to your products table, you might find our "Advanced SQL Execution" tool handy (it's free!), and we've also got a how-to link for it:

Advanced SQL Execution (freebie; just order as normal and instead of going to the gateway it'll take you direct to the thanks screen and give you the download link) -
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=114

How to add more "pother" product columns:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=30&CATE=8

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 21 2006 03:36:00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic