Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 unknown lang???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SertTurk
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  21:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have done something wrong when I was messing with lanugage controls.I see this message on many placesincluding all the buttons of my admin panel and main site.Any ideas?

* unknown langCustFirstname
* unknown langCustLastname
* unknown langCustAddress
* unkgnown langCustCity
* unknown lanCustState Select a State
* unknown langCust
* unknown langCustPhone
* unknown langCustEmail
* unknown langCustCountry Select
unknown langCustCompany
unknown langCustomerPassword
* unknown langPassword
* unknown langPassword
unknown langCustAdminMailList
unknown langHearaboutus unknown langCommonSelectSearch EngineNewspaperFriendCustomer

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 15 2006 :  01:06:42  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
about 5 topics down there are some reset instructions from the support desk that may help you. I posted the thread as "customer log in as new".. but it was a language reset problem when I upgraded the new 6.08 security measures... did you do that yet?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

SertTurk
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - April 15 2006 :  04:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think it is the same...I am not trying to add anything and I tried resetting it but no luck:(
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 15 2006 :  22:56:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try resetting your languages in the admin to see if this fixes the problem. If not we may have to look into this for you.

Please see the following hewlp note on setting up language variables:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=42&cat=Languages

If it doesn't fix please post into our help desk and one of the support team will try to help out.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jraley
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 25 2006 :  16:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a similiar issue which I think is related to the 6.08 patch I applied because it wasn't an issue before that.

Now when you click on 'Login' from the homepage, I get several 'unknown language' references on the new registration side of the Login screen and the returning customer side. Specifically, I'm getting the following:

unknown languagenewcustomerregister01
unknown languagecommonsignup
unknown languagelogin03
unknown languagereturningcustomers

Am I suppose to go in and manually add these languages to the Admin menu or what? I can't seem to find a way to correct this. I've submitted to the Helpdesk, but they might not have had time to get to it yet. You can still login fine, it's just messed up and equally annoying when you can't figure something out on your own which is probably going to turn out to be pretty simple.

Thanks for any guidance on how to correct this annoyance.

jraley
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 25 2006 :  16:28:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi There,

Several new language variables have been included in the 6.08 patch. In your shop administration pages, go to Occassional Tasks > International > Add Language

Follow the installation steps as per helpnote -
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=318

But substitute the word Spanish as in the example, for English

You will then need to Reset Language and select English.

The updated language file is supplied with the patch.

Thanks

Dean
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jraley
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 25 2006 :  16:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOHOO!! That's pretty weird but it worked. I read the instructions the first time but do the 'Add' language part because english was already installed. When I started from scratch and followed each step, it worked perfectly.

Thanks very much... I knew it was going to be something simple like... don't assume anything, just follow the instructions.

jraley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00