Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Canada Taxes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fyre2012
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 09 2006 :  16:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I'm new to VPASP, and i was wondering how to properly set up the store for Canadian taxes. We have no intentions of selling to the states (at least not yet anyway) and thus only need to concern ourselves with the different provinces.
I've had a hard time finding any info on this, other than there is some special add-on specifically for this... i've been unable to find that either.
I could be blind, but i figure i'd ask the VPASP community before i have myself committed

Thanks =)

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 09 2006 :  17:39:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Firstly, welcome to VPASP. I am sure you will find our Shopping Cart one of the most comprehensive and easy to use e-commerce solutions available.

You can obtain the Canadian Taxes add on from:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/addons600.asp

You will require a valid order id to download these addons.

For a fantastic entry point into the world of e-commerce look no further than our US$49.00 VP-ASP Starter Extras! Pac.The VP-ASP Starter Extras! Pac provides you with 12 months access to our list of free add-ons and also 25 Support Points to use in our online Help Desk!

You can purchase the VP-ASP Starter Extras! Pac from:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasplite.htm?id=4

Upgrading or purchasing any of our VPASP packages will not only allow you to download the powerful version 6.0 package, you will also get up to 300 support points for use in our Help Desk.

You can upgrade to the new version at:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/upgrade.asp

Thank you

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT

Go to Top of Page

Mac06maC
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  11:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,
i'm also in the process of setting up a canadian shooping cart. i already installed the updated shoptax.asp, but not sure how to set it up in the admin area, i tried several settings already but still now getting the tax to come out in the checkout.

i anyone cannn help, please post back or email me at [email protected]
Go to Top of Page

fyre2012
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - June 14 2006 :  12:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way to set up the canadian tax table is simple.

After some fiddling around, i figured it out.

change the values for

'xtaxstatename'

to:
ON,NS,BC,AB,SK,MN,QC,NS,NB,PE,NF,YT,NU,NT

and the values for
'xtaxstaterates'

to:

adjust the rates to suit your needs, but the idea is they match up with the province codes.

Us canuck's can't think when you tell us to go by state... 'uh, what the hoser is a state, eh? We have provinces!'

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00