Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Exclude Category in FrontPage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 09 2006 :  01:13:10  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Category I would like to exclude from the randomdisplayproducts function when they go to /default.asp
that's it
although it would be nice to know how to control the front page
the random feature is cool enough

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]

Edited by - ironhawker on April 09 2006 01:13:59

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 09 2006 :  01:47:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Randy,

To achieve this sort of functionality, please try the following

in your xfrontpagerandomfield configuration value add an usused product field like pother2

in your xfrontpagerandomvalue configuration option add something like the word "display"

Now for all the product you will like to include in the random function add the word "display" into the pother2 field of the product record.

The front page is formatted using the tmp_frontpage.htm file. The functionality of the Random feature, are handled in your shoprandomproducts.asp file.

Thanks

Dean

Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 09 2006 :  20:38:26  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it's THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
So.. is there some scoop on other things the pother 1 - 2- or 3 will do. I've been looking in the guide but feel like Inspector Cleusou sometimes..

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00