Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Main Category not available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 09 2006 :  20:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ... sorry if this is incorrect way to do things ... I have already posted this issue in the General Help section. However, I am not sure if VP-ASP support will help out there so I am reposting this issue here. Thank you.
===============
ver: VP-ASP Value 6.07

In the Admin section > edit products ... when I try to link products to categories, I see only a list of SUB-categories in the drop down. The only Main categories I see are the categories Without any sub-categories. However I need to link some products not only to their relevant Sub-categories, but also to the Main category so that when a user clicks on a Main Category link in the category-navigation-bar ... ALL products within that (main) category will display. (This is not the drill down shopping by category mode. It is via clicking on list of categories navigation method).

I have tried going into the Advanced Edit product mode to put in the relevant category id .. but that is even worse!!! Only one category id shows up in the ccategory field (even when that product has links to a number of categories)! What is happening? And how can I link products to both Main & Sub categories?

Thanks

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  05:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just replied to you in the general section, linking back to a previous thread in this topic, which diappointingly, was not addressed by support.
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  13:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon, yes I saw that. Yes, disappointing that there is no response from support.
I know you have tons of categories. I have lots too but nothing like yours (hundreds?). However the way things are set up with the category list nav in ver 6 ...
Main Cat
Sub Cat
Sub Cat
etc .... it would be very helpful to visitors to my site to be able to click Main Cat and see all items within it if they did not wish to go by Sub Cats.
And the admin edit for categories ... it now no longer allows me to add products to the main cat (if it has sub cat) .... which I could do in ver5.5

Hello Support! ... is there anyone listening out there with helpful answers?!! :)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 20 2006 :  00:46:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have created a modified copy of the version 5.5 add products page that allows you to do what you require.

If you post a request in our help desk I will forward for you.

You will need to open the edit products page as normal and then change the url so it the page name is:

shopa_addproducts_old.asp

This will allow you to update your products so they are in mul;tiple categories, sub and parent.

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 20 2006 :  06:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
thanks for your response. Before I post the request to Help Desk ... just need to confirm. I have version 6.07 (not 5.5) ... will that still be able to work?

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 20 2006 :  16:21:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a modified version of a 5.50 file that will work with 6.00 to allow you to select multiple categories in the old way.

Thnaks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 20 2006 :  20:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,
thanks! I will go to Help Desk & post request now.
Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00