Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Reduce dropped carts, and SSL domain tools addon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 27 2006 :  20:25:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Over the years we've ran into various problems to do with dropped carts, SSL (https) problems, and general domain-related issues.

For example, if someone goes to "mydomain.com" and then the cart transfers them to "www.mydomain.com" later on (eg via the gateway) then the user will lose all their session info.

Another example is that people might want to force people onto SSL for all their "my account" and checkout pages etc, without having to go through the hassle of changing all their links and the vpasp link-generation and form-posting functions etc.

Anyway, we've finally packaged up a really useful tool which can deal with all these aspects which explains the options/reasons in more detail than I can realistically post here:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=64

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

dannyfromnj
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - March 04 2006 :  05:25:20  Show Profile  Visit dannyfromnj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Job well done!

I couldn’t help but take a few minutes to write and say how thankful I am to everyone at BYZ for taking the time to create yet another fantastic VPASP Add-On. The new Domain Tool Add-On saved me an enormous amount of time, money, and effort. VPASP is a wonderful stand-alone cart, but as with every cart, it does have its limitations, one of which I stumbled upon after recently attaining my SSL certification. I spent weeks trying to figure out how to make sure my customers were “always” going to be directed to my secured directory. I did find a way to tweak a few things here and there, but it wasn’t fool-proof. Seeing no solid solution, I thought to myself… leave it to the experts! After a short inquiry to BYZ, I had a solution. The Domain Tool Add-On Tool truely was a lifesaver. Thanks again for coming through in a pinch!

--
Daniel Tedesco
WirelessInsight, LLC
http://www.wirelessinsight.biz

Edited by - dannyfromnj on March 04 2006 05:27:30
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  18:59:00  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why doesn't BYZ have save cart functionality enabled?

I wanted to save a cart with this item in it till I could get a PO authorized but I can't.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 01 2007 :  02:54:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good call; I've now enabled/added that. I've restricted it to 2 weeks, so that we don't have the hassle of old prices being restored etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)