Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 URL improvement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - February 22 2006 :  03:40:02  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some days I'm full of good ideas. You may like this one.

shopdisplayproducts.asp and shopdisplaycategories.asp as page names are a bit naff from a search engine point of view - no disrespect to the developers as its a great cart. However, I renamed these to something more useful like gents_clothes_store_canada.asp and buy_gents_clothes_ontario.asp for instance and then used a prog called Hutmil to rename every reference on ever page in just seconds.

You do have to remember you've changed them of course. Now food for thought for the developers. Is it not beyond the realms of possibility to code this facility into admin so that any calls for these pages could check with the database for the correct name? Now that WOULD be worth having. It'd push VPASP that bit further to perfection would it not?

I'm not Canadian by the way (UK based) but used the above as examples. Must crack on....

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - April 13 2006 :  06:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a good idea to me, but I'd like to know what other people think.

Is such a change worth the effort? Are there sufficient benefits?
Go to Top of Page

Kamin
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - April 13 2006 :  17:04:01  Show Profile  Visit Kamin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Isapi rewrite is a better solution. It takes a bit of recoding of all the links in the cart, but when your done it works very nicely.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00