Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 multiple products on extended template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IngaC
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - June 20 2002 :  01:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I have the Option Package, v4.0, and am displaying products via tmp_productthumbnails.htm. I have run into a final problem. Saved my most difficult product till last - site is due up by end of month - now I'm nervous.

I would like to display a variety of rugs. Category is Rugs, then there are 29 subCategories - different rug lines. Under each SubCategory there are anywhere from 5 - 20 styles (could also be subCategories), which I can display on thumbnail pages. Each style has between 1 and 4 different colors, and comes in up to 9 different sizes - each size is a product. A lot of stuff. I can easily enter each individual size as a product, and build a selectList feature for the rug colors. But (here's my problem), I don't want to end up with a thumbnail page with 9 separate clickable images for the 9 different sizes. Is it possible to hand program a template page to display it like this:

1 main large image at the top (shows rug, and colors available).
Then below that, I wish I could display fields for up to 9 products. The fields would be: cname, cdescription, feature (color list), cprice, buttonimage (when clicked, would go right to cart). That's it. They would be lined up one on top of the other. I can't seem to figure this out. I know it's possible if you aren't using the thumbnail method, but I've already entered 1000's of products that rely on the thumbnail template, then go to the extended page. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00