Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Free vs. Plus - Is it the same database?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - February 01 2006 :  18:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a client that has purchased YVS500 and OS500 licenses in the past. He is interested in converting his OS500 site into a VPASP site. I know that there is no conversion set up at this time. What I need to know is how much time I will have to spend transfering the information myself so I can quote the client. I have downloaded the free version of VPASP. Does the free version use the same exact database / tables as the Plus version? I am really focused on the Products and Categories tables. I am not worried about transferring the previous orders either. Are there any other challenges that I should know when transferring this information. Please let me know. Thanks.

Mark

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 02 2006 :  00:12:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The database is the same for all versions.

You can run the upgrade scripts in VPASP 6.00 on the YVS/OS500 databases.

The only issue will be the content table. If you rename your content table in the YVS database and then run the upgrade script you will avoid errors.

You can then manually migrate your data from your YVS content table to the VP-ASP content table.

We are developing a conversion system which will allow you to do all of this automatically. We are hoping this will be ready in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00