Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Removing id from end of static description pages?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - February 01 2006 :  04:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

This is probably an easy one but i can't see the answer, i'm trying to link to static extended description pages but when i put in the url such as my-page.htm the cart still adds the product id on the end so it reads my-page.htm?id=21 or something to that effect. Can anyone please let me know how i get it to stop adding the id to the end as this is messing up my search engine optimization.

Thanks

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - February 01 2006 :  18:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not be too concerned with having the ID on there. My entire site is indexed by google (and others). The engines have gotten pretty good at this.
Go to Top of Page

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - February 01 2006 :  19:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your post but the problem is my site is already indexed from my site map with the static htm urls so what i'm trying to do now is create some good internal linking by having the cart itself show the static urls which when it has the id's on the end the search engines are seeing as a separate url which i then run the risk of having a duplicate content penalty. There must be some way to remove the id= at the end of the url even if its to go into the code and take it out but i'm not sure how to so if anyone can let me know that would be excellent. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00