Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 need help with category tables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terrih
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - January 27 2006 :  23:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just imported about 200 products into my 6.0 mdb. The categories need to be done manually though and I'd rather do it directly in the database rather than through the admin page. My connection is rather slow. Can someone explain how the productcategory table is setup and what the relationships are to the categoryid in products table?

I only have 2 categories (categoryid 7 and 8) but many of my items need to be in both categories. I'm trying to figure out how I can enter the values in the productcategory table but I don't quite understand how that is setup.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 29 2006 :  16:07:34  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what you'd want to do is to add your additional categoryid into the "level3" column, import the products, and then run:
convertproducts.asp

When you run convertproducts.asp it'll automatically add the relevant prodcategories records for the category/categories that you'd added into your level3 column.

eg in your file that you're going to import, ensure you have these 2 columns in there along with the other ones:

ccategory
level3

in ccategory put 7, and in level3 put 8, wherever appropriate.

on the subject of categories, here are 2 addons which people who are interested in this topic will most likely find useful (1 isn't relevant to this posting, but will be to others passing by; 2 might be relevant to this posting, it depends on the structure of your categories and whether or not any old ones have been left in while you've been playing/testing the import process etc) -

Admin Category Tree:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=31

Prod/Cat/ProdCat Check/Fix tool:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=74

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 29 2006 16:14:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic