Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Bulk Add to Cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 21 2006 :  10:43:12  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to figure out how to make a form which will add items to the cart by ccode and quantity.

Ideally, a form with multiple empty fields for both ccode & quantity so the customer could enter an entire order without having to search by ccode or browse through the items.

We sell all natural supplements and many customers prefer to send me a bulk order by the product code and quantities.

Right no they send it via email and I do the order manually in vpasp on their behalf.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 23 2006 :  23:51:19  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've got something which we're working on, which might do the trick. Although it's not officially for-sale yet, we are working on a quick-order screen which is highly configurable.

have a look at:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/byz_quickorder.asp

some sample product codes you can use on that are:
BYZ014
BYZ055
BYZ001

It's got millions of configuration options in it for the labels/fields, text, buttons, etc etc

try it out (the "get product info" button will return the prices/names for you, or you can just try sending them straight to the cart, etc etc; just try playing on it and see if it fits your needs) - also try putting incorrect product codes or bad/blank qties etc so that you can see how it copes with errors.

If anyone else would find it useful, then post here, or let us know via our support area:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/

if there's real interest in it then we'll speed up the final development/documentation stages and get it setup for sale.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 24 2006 00:40:07
Go to Top of Page

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - January 24 2006 :  07:32:45  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the function of this add on. is developement complete or can you tell me when it will be ready for purchase.
Does this product work fully with vpasp version 6.07?
How does it handle product features?
Also, how much will it be in USD?
Thank you.

Edited by - taylorphoto on January 24 2006 08:12:24
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 24 2006 :  13:44:27  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It doesn't deal with features, and is only really designed for straight-forward products where you just need to specify the product and qty, and not individual options per product.

We haven't tried it on v6 yet, but it should work as-is on v6 as long as you don't use features for the products that you're trying to use the quick-order form for.

it's be great if anyone else could post here if they're interested in it; if there's enough interest then we'd speed up the development etc and get it released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - January 24 2006 :  23:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

I think this would be a very useful add-on for VPASP.

I've done something similar, but with html. My solution is not part of the VPASP shopping cart, but processes via asp and dumps into a file I retreive separate from the shopping cart. The left hand side is my site, the right hand frame is actually the music publishers web site:

https://ssl.sheetmusic1.com/smssl/halleonard.sql.html

Having the same setup as you see on my site, but with your system which links to VPASP, would be much better.

It would be great to have options in the admin panel, where I could turn on/off certain columns, or error message (for example, someone might type an ISBN instead of a catalog number, but that would be enough for me to determine what they ordered).

And as you can see in my case (using frames) - smaller is better.

Keep up the great work!
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 29 2006 :  17:37:52  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been trying it (our quick-order pending addon) on v6, and it seems to work with no problems.

It does have loads of config options so you can change all the error/warning/success message text, relevant/new/extra styles (specific to the quickorder screen so as to not muck-up the rest of your pages), column heading titles etc etc.

The only down-side that I can see to it is that if your products use features then this won't be the kind of screen that'll be much use to you (the products will still get added/processed, but it won't show/choose features on//through the quickorder screen).

If anyone has a site which uses truly distinct products that they'd want to be addable with this quick-order screen, and you think you'll find it useful, then please post here, or post a question on our knowledgebase/support-desk to let us know:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/categorized.asp

the more people who let us know they're interested, the quicker it'll get released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)