Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Partial shipment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tiju
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 26 2005 :  14:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I there,

anyone got an idea how I can process a partial shipment.

For exemple someone ordered 10 items of a products and I got 5 in stock. The customer ask me to send him the 5 items and process the rest of the order as a back order.

tks
tiju

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - December 28 2005 :  18:16:09  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the same request too from my client for processing backorder...
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - December 29 2005 :  20:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backorders are common, I don't see any way this could be handled automatically. Someone must keep on top of these, as it's a matter of juggling what is in stock, what will be in stock, and what needs to be ordered on an as-needed basis. Of course I'm stating the obvious.

The only solution I have come up with is to use an email template, and for those orders that include items not in stock I have the following email template:
=============
Hello ,

Thank you for placing an order at XYZ.

Your order has been recorded, a copy of the invoice appears below.

(customer order info)

The above tracking number may be entered at the following Internet address:
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm
The postal service tracking database is updated once each evening (middle of the night).
Orders mailed will not appear on their database until the following day.

(name), we are out of stock of . This has been reordered from the publisher, we will have copies here in 3-4 business days.
Instead of waiting on the backorder, I will have the in-stock music sent to you immediately, and the backorder will follow as soon as we receive copies. We will pay the separate shipping charge on the backorder, and it will be mailed to you Priority Air Mail to make up the time difference in delivery.

Any questions regarding your order, please use the following contact link (double-click or copy/paste to your browser URL window):
http://your.site.vpasp.contact link

Thank you again for your order.
================

I also use Adobe Acrobat Catalog to make daily PDF files of all orders placed each day, from the "All Orders" link on shopa_displayorders.asp. That way, if someone emails, telephones, or uses the contact link with or without their order number, I can quickly locate their order using anything from an order number to email address or even shipping address. Backorders that end up needing to be cancelled because the product turns out to be no longer manufactured are also easy to deal with using Acrobat: type the product id into the Catalog search, and it shows which customers ordered it, etc.

The above is completely non-tech in terms of VPASP, but sometimes it comes down to dealing with customers personally. At least that's the way I've come to deal with situations such as backorders. Hope the above is of some help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00