Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 I think I found two bugs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savas
Starting Member

Turkey
10 Posts

Posted - December 16 2005 :  00:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, the new look of the site and the application are remarkable.

One bug that I found is in administration - the tracking messages are not displayed.

Second happens at initial registration. Customer goes to checkout registers but customer name is not displayed at "Logged in as: " at the top of the page until customer relogins.

savas
Starting Member

Turkey
10 Posts

Posted - December 17 2005 :  01:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting the following error on affiliate registration:

Provider (0x80020005)
Type Mismatch.
/vp/shopaffio.asp, line 114

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

Page:
POST 428 bytes to /vp/shopaffregister.asp
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 18 2005 :  20:26:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Savas,

Thank you for sharing these issues you are having and for your kind words about VP-ASP 6.0.

Can you please let us know which VP-ASP package you are using (eg. Free, Value, Plus or Deluxe)?

If you are using the Free or Value packs, Tracking is not available. The latest patch (VP-ASP 6.04 - http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=814) will resolve the error that results from trying to use tracking in these versions.

The customer login issue you have reported could be related to being logged into the VP-ASP admin while viewing the front-end of your store. If you close all browser windows, then browse your shop without logging into the admin, the customer loggged in/logged out status should function correctly.

We need more information to debug your Affiliate error. Can you please post a ticket in our helpdesk (http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk) with the details of your error and also the data you are entering into the form.

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Claire Banks
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savas
Starting Member

Turkey
10 Posts

Posted - December 19 2005 :  00:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the plus version. I have sent you the details through help desk. Also is it possible to change the language to the old system? I mean reading the language variables from asp files rather than reading variables from database? I am having problems with application variables - load sharing setup as I stated in general Help me forums
Go to Top of Page

savas
Starting Member

Turkey
10 Posts

Posted - December 19 2005 :  03:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,

I logged out of admin and closed all browser windows. then opened the site for a new purchase. However; the customer login status still did not show the custome rname.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 19 2005 :  21:26:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Savas,

I have checked your site and the logged in name worked correctly for me.

If you are logged into your admin, it will confuse the logged in as at the top of your site.

For customers visiting your site, they will have to log in before it will show "logged in as". Otherwise, it will say "Not logged in".

You have to use the language files from the database in VP-ASP 6.00. To stop your application problems, firstly, ensure all VP-ASP stores on your server have different a xshopid value in shop$config.asp.

You may also need to speak to your host about the server configuration - see point 3 on this page for more information about server issues - http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=743

Kind regards,
Claire Banks
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savas
Starting Member

Turkey
10 Posts

Posted - December 20 2005 :  00:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Claire,

thank you for the through information. I did go through the link you have provided. There it mentions that this only happens if IIS is configured to run in isolation mode. However; my ISS is not running on isolation mode.

Also I checked tha diag_sessionlist.asp and I see "ENGLISH" as session language in there. Actually I see 25 session variables. The variables are below: Also I did change the xshopid value to "shop6001". I am really stuck here. I have no host to do the configuration. It is a self managed dedicated server. I have to do the configuration myself but I really cannot figure a way to do it.

Language ENGLISH
LanguageID 2
LCID 1055
login
db shopping600
dblocation database
Shopadmin
ShopadminDB
GiftID
Olddb shopping600
Olddblocation database
Openerror