Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Admin Product edit feature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - December 12 2005 :  09:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a look at the online demo of 6.0 and overall it does make it easier to use. One thing that didn't change which would have been nice is in editing products. First, in Advanced View mode when you get the Display listbox, it would be nice to have the fields sorted alphabetically. For example, having the pother fields split up doesn't make it easy to find everything. I see that when doing an Advanced Edit, the fields are in the same order so in both cases the fields are just being retrieved from the products table in the order they were created.

There are two changes I think would make it easier. First, sort the fields alphabetically in the listboxes. In Advanced Edit, do it differently and list the fields in the same order they are listed on the "Simple Edit" page. A lot of times I just want to know what the database field name is for the item that's on the simple edit page. With the ordering the way it is I have to guess or try to make sure there's some contents in the field to match it up. Having the same order as the simple edit page would make it easier.

Of course if the help at the bottom of the edit page had in parentheses the field name that would eliminate having to switch to Advanced Edit in some cases. That is if the field is even listed in the bottom of the page's help, e.g. Price 2, Price 3, Other1, and others are missing.

Maybe a patch will fix this usability problem that was there in 5.5 or it's time for me to do some customization already.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 12 2005 :  11:42:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like those too. I'd also like to see the raw column name (and not just the label) next to each field in the edit-details screens. I know that in theory you could do that by changing the language settings, but I'd prefer a "show column name?" option where it'd always show the proper/real column name next to the label.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 12 2005 :  22:06:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your feedback on this area.

As you will have noticed, we have radically changed the Edit Products page to make it easier to use.

But we are always looking for other things we can do to further improve the usability of VP-ASP.

We will be working on implementing some of your suggestions into one of the next patches for VP-ASP 6.00.

Keep an eye on http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=814 for updates.

Kind regards,
Claire Banks
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

cho7536
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - December 30 2005 :  15:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there is way to select more than one categories when adding product. It only will allow me to add one first time, not like v5.5
Also when I click copy record, everything copy but only one category. Not whole categories I selected. it won't let me copy sames categores, but only one.
Can you fix this problem?

Thank you June
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00