Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 add html formatting to one category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dirk
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  18:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Templates seem not to be working for me. I am creating a gift store and all of the products are normal except for one category: ceramics. Ceramics has 17 different pattern that every item can choose-- i.e. a plate can come in 17 patterns; a bowl in 17 patterns, a platter...

What I would like to do is have the customer choose the category ceramics and then you see the 17 patterns displayed at the top and then the products with their features below.

So... Large plate, small bowl, large bowl... and all have the 17 patterns as a dropdown for each of them.

I've done all of the above, (features don't have images because it gets really ugly which is why I just want the patterns once, at the top of the page) but can't figure out where/how to list those patterns once.

I tried adding the html to tmp_categorytemplate.htm which I renamed ceramics.htm and then applied to the ceramic category but that didn't work.

When I applied ceramic.htm as a template to the products it did it for every product...

Any advice on how to achieve this?

newbycartuser
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - December 11 2005 :  00:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Dirk

Templates seem not to be working for me. I am creating a gift store and all of the products are normal except for one category: ceramics. Ceramics has 17 different pattern that every item can choose-- i.e. a plate can come in 17 patterns; a bowl in 17 patterns, a platter...

What I would like to do is have the customer choose the category ceramics and then you see the 17 patterns displayed at the top and then the products with their features below.

So... Large plate, small bowl, large bowl... and all have the 17 patterns as a dropdown for each of them.

---------
Ditto for me..... but I am loading up the code from the back end.... I have over 900 items and I can't face adding them to the database.

I have buttons, beads, threads with many colours at a fixed price, and I have tried the form route, and I get a blank addition to the cart page

The only solution I have found is to give the code without the buy button, and when they check the box, it goes to the cart as a qty of one...... And the customer can change the quantity there.

If someone else has a better solution.... PLEASE POST IT!
Go to Top of Page

Dirk
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 11 2005 :  06:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what VPASP sent me-- worked like a charm!

"You can use the catextra field in the categories table to reference a text or htm file to display at the top of the page.

Please see the following faq:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=84
"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00