Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 manual entry of a phone order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BILLCAT
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - December 01 2005 :  00:42:52  Show Profile  Visit BILLCAT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although 80% of our client use the site and cart to place their orders we still get about 50 calls per day with phone orders.

Is there a simple way to set up an order entry form?

It must be capable of accepting a shipping charge manually. Why ? because the items we sell are very heavy, When a client orders over an x amount of product and the package is more than 150lbs the UPS shipping software will not return a shipping cost because it cannot exceed the 150 lb limit. We would manually look up the cost and enter it to the order entry screen.

It must also allow us to bypass the password setup requirement without removing the requirement from a regular site customer.

It must be a form that can be quickly be filled out while the customer is on the phone.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. using vpasp 5.50

Thanks
Bill

Daniel Groulx
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - December 07 2005 :  23:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use vpasp 5.5 and also wish the exact same thing as you.

Go to Top of Page

newbycartuser
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - December 11 2005 :  00:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Groulx

I use vpasp 5.5 and also wish the exact same thing as you.

I created a document in my word processor with the fields before I got the shopping cart, and I still use it for phone orders.

I printed out 50 copies and used a white bookbinding glue I have (Gaylord Magic Mend) which dries white and flexible and handles just like a commercial pad) When I ran out of that, I printed off a bunch, punched 3 holes in it, and put it in a red binder... When I process the order, I take it out of the binder and write the invoice number and shipping costs, and file it when the order is complete, and till then it stays with the products ordered.

Works like a charm for me.... and a chef that lives down the street from me who does lunch catering, takes online and phone orders and uses my binder method..... the top of the page is the order information, and the bottom is a form the customer can fill out with a menu for a week... and they can send that to her or give it to her with the next delivered meal. She loves it so much she is considering getting rid of the web side of it!
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 11 2005 :  09:58:04  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do it by usng the cart as the client. Pretend you are them. That also is a good way to keep an eye on your cart and how hard or easy it is to find something. It then sends them confirmations and all that good stuff too and gives the the chance later to repeat theorder on thier own.

Edited by - apswater on December 12 2005 02:30:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00