Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Top Ten Selling Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seroom
Starting Member

New Zealand
27 Posts

Posted - November 29 2005 :  15:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this quite by accident as there is no mention of it in either the Developers Manual or Merchants manual

Shows the top ten selling products as a list

<%navigatetopten%>

very handy in a menu or page somewhere

What other little secrets are there hidden away, did Paul McCartny really die or was it a hoax.

Edited by - seroom on November 29 2005 15:11:42

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 01 2005 :  01:35:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are a number of handy little snippets in the shopproductsubs.asp file that can be used in the site.

Thank you
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Jamesfm01
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - December 01 2005 :  12:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i use it?

Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - December 01 2005 :  20:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How cool is that!!

I just added <%NavigateShowAllCategories%> to my shoppage header, which is a really useful addition for my site. It's a pull-down menu listing all categories BTW.

As to how to use the subs, open shopproductsubs.asp, take the name of the subroutine e.g.
Sub NavigateShowAllCategories,

... put it in the asp brackets <%NavigateShowAllCategories%> on any page in your shop directory.

Try adding it to your shoppage_header.htm and see what happens.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 02 2005 :  00:29:02  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
does any one have that for 4.5?

Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 02 2005 :  04:18:20  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used <%NavigateShowAllCategories%> but found it cumbersome as it lists all sub-categories too. Now I use <%navigateshowcategories%> which only displays top level categories.
I originally discovered this through regular visits to the forum. You will pick up all kinds of useful stuff by regularly checking all new topics as many contributors really know their stuff.

Edited by - sharon on December 02 2005 04:19:17
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - December 02 2005 :  16:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only problem why I am not using the <%navigatetopten%> is because if you have child products, it won't work very well.

For example: You are selling a Cotton T-Shirt with sizes (small, medium and large)instead of showing in the <%navigatetopten%> Cotton Tshirt (as the top selling item) it will show you "Medium" (the child product) instead - which is a bummer for me ;(

Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - September 26 2006 :  01:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have v5.5. When I try to use the <%navigatetopten%> function, I get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[TCX][MyODBC]Invalid use of group function

/shopproductsubs.asp, line 630

Line 630 is an if/then statement re: odbc.
Does anyone know what I need to change to get this to work?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 26 2006 :  10:00:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori,

This may be best submitting into our online help desk so our support team can investigate for you for you directly in the code.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00