Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Html Editor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vklane
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - November 26 2005 :  00:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just completed splitting my database into 4 databases for orders, products, customers and what remains in the "shop550" database. Since splitting them up the html editor feature stopped working. Guess the editor cannot find the proper tables which are now in another database. Anyone had this happen? Any solutions out there?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 27 2005 :  13:33:50  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It depends on your database setup, but my personal advice would be to create pointers/aliases from your individual databases to the main/common cart database for the tables that you've split-out, that way you'll be able to access all the tables with a single connection, while still managing to keep your actual data in separate databases.

If you do that, then in theory you would then set your config options back to "not split" (ie normal), so the cart thinks that they're all in the same database even though they're physically not.

That way, any 3rd-party software or elements of vpasp will work as normal (ie as most 3rd-party stuff would obviously assume all your tables for a given site are in one place)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)