Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 allow customer to enter price of product
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bostonrose
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - November 21 2005 :  13:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that this is described in the manual, but I haven't been able to find it, so hope some of you can help. I'm running 5.5 and I have a situation where I'd like to have the customer be able to put in the price that they are going to be charged. This is related to using the cart for renting property and the amount differs based on how far in advance of the rental date, holidays, how many pieces of the rental property etc. Too many choices to make individual products, so I'd like to allow the customer to either put the price in on the addtocart shopping page, or I could create a page with an html input text area where they could put the amount if I knew how to send that to the addtoshoppingcart and get it to use it as the price. Thanks for any help you can give.

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  02:35:07  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found it can be done very easily if you can some programming and start the shop from an asp-script. Here is an example - supposing the catalogid of the product in the database is 269:

sSQL= "UPDATE products SET cprice = " & price & " WHERE catalogid=269"

price is the new price choosed by the customer. If your next program lines starts the shop you are done.

Go to Top of Page

Bostonrose
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  07:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the info, I also found a way. I created a generic product with 0 for price and then I created a form with price as an input file. When I send it to the addtoshopcart, it uses the price from the form in the shopping cart.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00