Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Payment on delivery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k4web
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 12 2005 :  12:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My customer wants to offer "pay on delivery" (I dont know the exact english for it) as a shipping option. In that case the "payment method" form should be bypassed, cause it is implicit.
I have been looking into both the Dev manual and the asp code (I'm a newbie) to find an easy way out of it, but at present with no result.
Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Riccardo

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  03:47:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Riccardo,

VP-ASP does not support this functionality by default.

You can bypass the payment all together, but if you want to bypass the payment only when COD (cash on delivery) is chosen then this will require a customisation of the code.

If you would like a quote for this please email http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp .

Thank You

Regards
VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

k4web
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  05:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dear Riccardo,

VP-ASP does not support this functionality by default.

You can bypass the payment all together, but if you want to bypass the payment only when COD (cash on delivery) is chosen then this will require a customisation of the code.

If you would like a quote for this please email http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp .

Thank You

Regards
VP-ASP Support

Thank you.
Mmm I'm trying to see it from a different point of view: without having to bypass the payment, is it possible to link a fixed "payment method" when cash on delivery is chosen? I mean, when COD is chosen for shipping, the following page should show only COD as payment option. Maybe this is easier to accomplish...
Anyone out there can help?

Thanks again.
Riccardo

PS: only trying to save my customer some $$$ ;)

Edited by - k4web on November 14 2005 06:17:02
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  12:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What if you simply add "Pay on Delivery" as a shipping method? Then your customer would have to select this and would not get charged for shipping?

Go to Top of Page

k4web
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  14:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi,

What if you simply add "Pay on Delivery" as a shipping method? Then your customer would have to select this and would not get charged for shipping?

Hi Keng. Thank you for your interest.
I already have COD as a shipping method, but then I should force COD as a payment method too, rather then letting them choose another one. And it seems that VP-ASP won't let me do that (or skipping payment method).

The problem is that if someone can do something wrong, they will :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00