Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 multiple category templates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cookie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - November 11 2005 :  09:17:37  Show Profile  Visit cookie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I want to configure my top level categories to run off a different template to ones with subcategories.

so all level 0 categories say run off tmp_top_level.htm
and subcategories run off the standard tmp_categorytemplate.htm

basically my top level categories are introduction pages, but i want them included in the navigateshowallcategories menu, but the format needs to be completely different.

Any suggestions on how to do this? support can u confirm if this is a feature of version 6 or not?

thanks andy

cookie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  02:45:26  Show Profile  Visit cookie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
coooommmmmeeee oonnnn lol

someone must know how to do this?

i was thinking there must be a sub routine somewhere where i can put some sort of logic "if highercategoryid = 0 then use template tmp_top_level.htm else use xcategorydisplaytemplate field"

i haven't a clue how to program, so if anyone can walk me through this i'd be very much appreciative, even if its just pointing out the subroutines used?

p.s. i have my category columns set to 3, but this isn't a problem as i have only one category in my first sub category.

Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  21:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I am not sure if this article will help, but worth a look:
www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_templates.htm

cheers

Rustytec

Russ
Go to Top of Page

cookie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - November 16 2005 :  05:09:15  Show Profile  Visit cookie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks, rustytec appreciate the link.

I've kinda come up with a work around, not fabulous, but works all the same, i've added some extra fields in my category database. I've inserted these into a table in my existing template, i've set the table column width to zero.

Then used the $ sign in the code, to hide empty fields, so the sub categories which has nothing in these fields, are not effected. Which although i'm stuck with this being an addition to me sub category template rather then a competely different template, it kinda does the job for now.

would still appreciate any suggests / code for altering category templates based on 0 higher category field

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00