Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Projects anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taylorphoto
VP-CART New User

USA
53 Posts

Posted - November 03 2005 :  22:16:43  Show Profile  Visit taylorphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is anyone familiar with using the "Projects" in vpasp? I performed a forum search and found NOTHING specific to projects.
Specific question: Is there a way to make the project amount both shipping and tax exempt?
As a wedding photographer I accept deposits before doing work and want my clients to be able to pay me on the project but not be charged tax.
Once I have performed the work I will upload their products (images) and provide them with a Gift Certificate to deduct from their deposits. At the time they order prints from their images, using the Gift Certificate, they would be charged shipping and tax.
I realize I could "back out" the amount of shipping & tax so the total they are paying would be correct but I am CERTAIN someone will eventually gripe about paying tax & shipping TWICE. Only because it shows up as shipping & tax (even though they aren't paying shipping or tax on the deposits).

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - November 04 2005 :  06:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not familiar with projects, but would the xtaxexcludeproductsconfig help you here?

Also, for free shipping, you can add a new shipping method to the shipping table called "Deposit only - no shipping required" and make it free. They'll have to manually select it and you'll have people that get it wrong, but its not too bad. Better yet, I think there are ways to do shipping charge per product, but I haven't used it so I don't have advice there.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00