Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Add site path to product pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dougc
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  15:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the top of each catagory page there are generated links that show the path for the catagory page.

Example:
Catagory --> Clothes

"Catagory" is a hyper link. Is there any way to generate that for each product page? I'm using shopexd.asp to display the product pages. Can I add that function to that file?

Thanks

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  22:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dougc-

The name for the links you are referring to is "Breadcrumbs." The VP-ASP documentation also used to call this "category trail"

One challenge to showing breadcrumbs on product pages is that products can exist in multiple categories, so your cart doesn't know which sequence to show for a certain product. I think some carts just handle this by showing the trail for the first relevant category for the product in the database.

I think some people tried to post code to address this in the past. You can do a search for "breadcrumbs" in this forum and you'll get a lot of hits for past discussions we've had. Note that most of the discussion and code for this in the forum was before VP-ASP 5.5 which fixed some issues with breadcrumbs.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00