Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Searching inside include files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - October 11 2005 :  08:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my product templates, I'm using the include code such as:
[field=pother2 include]
where in this case the pother2 field has the name of the include file to insert. I need to do it this way since the extended description for the products is very large.

The problem is that the search for VP-ASP doesn't find anything because most of the text is in those include files. Is there any way to get this to work?

I have seen posts talking about using search engines Zoom and MondoSearch. Is buying an extra tool my only option here since VP-ASP can't handle large extended descriptions?

The other problem that might occur is if a tool finds the include file, it will probably just bring that up instead of the whole extended description page. I'll take any suggestions on how to get this to work.
Thanks,
Jeff

Edited by - dcwebman on October 11 2005 08:47:46

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - October 14 2005 :  07:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody else use the include file concept and thus have this same problem? I wrote a ticket to support and their suggestion was to add some keywords to a product field and make sure that field was included in the search fields. They also offered a customization quote which I asked for but later said they were too busy to do any extra development.

So again, doesn't anybody else have long product descriptions and need to use the include files?
Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00