Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 How do you display header in my own pages?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daniel Groulx
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - October 08 2005 :  09:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you display header in my own pages? I want to use my own home page but still use the VPasp header. I had it working before but lost that part of the code.

My second problem was when I did have the header working on my own home page the links didn't work. I have all my VPASP files and under a directory root/Shop/

Thanks.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 10 2005 :  07:26:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the key thing is that you'd put your own pages inside the vpasp wrapper, rather than include the vpasp panels inside your own pages.

so, you'd change your own pages to be like:

<!--#include file="shop$db.asp"-->
<% ShopPageHeader %>
Your normal contents go here
<% ShopPageTrailer %>

If your normal files are in the same directory as vpasp, then that'd do the job.

If you wanted to use vpasp from non-vpasp directories, then you might find our multiple-directory addon useful:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=53

but you would only need that if your vpasp files are in a different directory to your custom files.

If you wanted to split your vpasp panels into bits, and then only call the relevant bits from your custom files (eg on vpasp use the top+bottom+left+right panels, but on your custom asps only show the top+bottom panels), then you might find our panel-splitter useful as that splits the whole thing into bits which can be called in different ways from different files:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=26

In general, when having custom asp files (and for lots of stuff in general), we often use both of those (multiple-directory and panel-splitter) so that things are nice and flexible.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)