Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shopping cart ceased to function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alina
Starting Member

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - September 29 2005 :  08:40:02  Show Profile  Visit Alina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
H1 - I'm wondering if I can gather any incite on the problem.

Yesterday my shopping cart ceased to function (I have been running it for 3+ years) The cart is browse-able, and you can add items to your cart, but cannot past the customer login area (Receive a "The page cannot be displayed" error)

I receive this same error when I try to subscribe to newsletter, and even log into my admin area.

Help!

Today I tried uploading all of my asp files from a backup - no luck

I suspect something may have happened with my host (things like this have happened in the past, although never this severe, usually it is fixed by reopening some port) I am wondering if anyone has any incite as to what I should do next, or what I should ask my host to do.

www.canadianclothing.ca

Alina
Starting Member

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - September 29 2005 :  11:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Alina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Host fixed it. This is what happened. Something happened on the server so that they had to resort to a backup, and my database got marked as read-only. So you could browse through fine, but whenever an event happened that wrote to the database, it was impossible, so you would get a page error.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00