Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 hosting godaddy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lamzmo
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  20:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
Does any one here is hosting with godaddy? If u are then what plan did you get and how did u got the vpasp working? I still cant get the access and permissions right and I'm going nuts. I have the vpas deluxe plan and it created an access_db for my database but still I can't get to work right. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis

lamz

danshow
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  22:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the SAME PROBLEM. VpAsp says that Go daddy has to set the permissions on the data folder and GoDaddy says I do it through Front Page. ??????????????

Go to Top of Page

hk777
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  23:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See
http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=34&topic_id=102&

It is all done in godaddy admin console. Once you create a database in their console a folder access_db should get created. That is where you upload the VP-ASP database.

Then update the VP_ASP shop$config.asp to point to the access_db folder. www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_databasesetup.htm

Go to Top of Page

lamzmo
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - September 28 2005 :  04:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok!

Yes I have all done right up to the pointing of the .mdb file. Here is one of the many ways that I have tried and still there is no luck:

<%
' VP-ASP Shopping Cart Database Configuration 5.50
const xDatabase="myname" 'Database name
const xdblocation="..\access_db" 'location of database relative to VP-ASP files
const xdatabasetype="MSQL351" ' Database type: empty or ODBC, SQLServer, Drive
const xSQLUser="myuser" ' SQL Server user
const xSQLPwd="mypassword" ' SQL Server password
const xSQLServer="myipaddress" ' SQL Server name or IP address
'
const xconfigtable="configuration"
const xproductmatch="" ' display products matching these
const xshopid="myid"
'
const xordernumber="11111"
%>

Do you have another way that you can give an example for the windows asp version?

Luis

lamz
Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - September 28 2005 :  10:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luis,

I don't know if this is only an example you are showing but I see some problems with it.

Make sure you use the proper database name instead of "myname".

Make sure your database location is right. I see you are using ..\access_db. Windows uses the forward slash / so make sure this is right. Also your pointing up one directory. Make sure this is right. If your VPASP files are in a shopping directory you may have to move up two directories ../../

If you are using Access then Database type for should be left blank by typing this ""

Although I don't think it matters if you are using Access but to be on the safe side you should leave SQL user, password and IP address blank also.

Go to Top of Page

danshow
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 28 2005 :  13:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew it sounded to good to be true. Access won't set up with Front Page extensions installed. Now what?

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - September 28 2005 :  13:46:03  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try

"..\..\database folder\"

Go to Top of Page

Drew
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - March 07 2006 :  21:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone found the answer for this problem? I'm currently having the same problem.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 07 2006 :  23:01:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We have a number of users who are using GoDaddy without problems.

The access_db folder that is set up through the GoDaddy control panel should not be modified in any way, as this folder is set up with the correct permissions.

You should simply need to place your VPASP database into the access_db folder and point to it using relative links from your shop$config.asp file.

Eg.

const xDatabase="shopping600" 'Database name
const xdblocation="..\access_db" 'location of database relative to VP-ASP files
const xdatabasetype="" ' Database type: empty or ODBC, SQLServer, Drive
const xSQLUser="" ' SQL Server user
const xSQLPwd="" ' SQL Server password
const xSQLServer="" ' SQL Server name or IP address

You only need data in the top two entries to allow a connection to an access database.

Thank you

Regards,
Michael

VPASP SUPPORT

Go to Top of Page

bboygraphix
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  19:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone had success using godaddy with mysql or mssql? whenever i create/install the database and run the diag_dbtest.asp i get no results when testing the database.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  20:04:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You need to ensure you are on a full plan and not any basic plans at a minimum.

If you are on a higher plan then you may want to post this in our online help desk and our support team will be happy to have a look for you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bboygraphix
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  12:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have a "full" (Deluxe) hosting plan but not a dedicated ip or virtual dedicated server. is this what we need??

btw, will Access database work without a dedicated IP or "full" hosting plan? will SQLServer/MySQL work with a dedicated IP/full hosting plan?

Edited by - bboygraphix on February 12 2007 12:46:32
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  17:37:07  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have successfully setup numerous VP-ASP sites on the GoDaddy host. Both Access and MS SQL.

Getting the MS SQL setup requires a workaround but no problem. Just take the 3 db setup scripts and run them through the online MS SQL query analyzer.

Also, you cannot have the FrontPage extensions enabled or else it disables your ability to set folder permissions.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

bboygraphix
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  22:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey eric, i've tried running the install scripts via ms sql query analyzer. schema, data, and indexing are all fine. i get the "unknown lang.." error as well as a blank screen when i test the database.

i'm actually a fairly advanced developer, but have never done a VPASP installation on a shared server godaddy plan. i've done plenty of vpasp 4.50 installations and customizations on servers which i had full control over so it's quite frustrating to do a 6.0 installation when 4.5 used to literally take 15-20 minutes to set up. the client already paid for one year of godaddy service so i'd rather not move them if it is indeed possible to get vpasp setup correctly.

are you using dedicated IPs on your successful godaddy installations? was there any other "workarounds" that you needed to perform to get the sites to work?

thanks!

Edited by - bboygraphix on February 12 2007 22:24:30
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  08:18:05  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RE: dedicated IP - Done it both ways. Only NEEDED it when the client's current site is somewhere else and we wanted to get everything working perfectly on the new host prior to repointing DNS.

If you're getting the unknown lang errors, I bet you've got a simple problem in the SHOP$CONFIG.ASP file.

Check your server name, they're long. Example whsql-v03.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net

Check your DB name, should be in the format of "DB_123456".

And your username/pwd you got to pick.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

bboygraphix
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  10:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man i have all of those set up correctly... no dedicated server. any other tips?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00